Skip to content

The sound of butterflies and crocodiles

Have you read Rachael King’s The Sound of Butterflies? It’s very good. So is Helen Lehndorf’s beautiful collection of poetry, The Comforter. And if you want a taste of what kind of music Mariani is making, here’s the link to her album of children’s music on Bandcamp. I had a look on Canta Conmigo’s facebook page and I realise she looks nothing like how I’ve drawn. I really have to take a drawing class… it’s been 16 years since my last one.

6 Comments leave one →
  1. Steve Braunias permalink
    16/01/2012 10:10 pm

“Ha-wo!” Hilarious, & loved the whole thing.

2. TWM permalink
    17/01/2012 2:07 am

Thanks for the link to the music — sounds great on a cold Chicagoland morning…

3. 17/01/2012 6:52 am

I had a similar ‘blast from the past’ experience in Taranaki. At the museum there is an exhibition about Ngati Rununga, my ex’s iwi. As I walked around the exhibition, there were photographs of his relatives everywhere, and suddenly I could hear his voice and turned the corner and there was a video of him being interviewed. It was surreal!

Also, the best thing about our Road Slappers band was it’s name – The Live Kennedys! 🙂

Oh how I loved rocking the cow-bell!

4. 17/01/2012 12:00 pm

Road Slappers RULED! I still have your comic from that event. I thought you and Helen were the greatest. Kinda still do x

5. 17/01/2012 5:02 pm

It is very annoying how incredibly good Mariani looks eh! I remember meeting you with Miguel and being so in awe. You were so alternative and cool. I was stuck in a green uniform at St Peter’s dreaming of escaping suicide city. For the record I still think you are cool. And I have the CD.

6. 17/01/2012 11:29 pm

“I was a natural at woodwind instruments” – cracked me up.